Many people are starting to cut back on the amount of meat they consume, factory farming methods, concern for health and the environment there are plenty of reasons for making Mondays meatless. As an added perk eating less meat is a whole lot easier on the pocket book too. While you may not be quite ready to give up meat altogether and embrace a vegan lifestyle, one day a week is completely doable.
It is easier to accomplish, it can help you transition your family into a more plant based diet a little at a time. You can give yourself and your family time to adapt to a new way of eating food. Even just cutting meat out one day a week is 14% less meat consumption. Take the opportunity to get a little more creative in the kitchen and try some new dishes.
Lots of families and even restaurants are embracing the idea of meatless Mondays, besides most people indulge in all kinds of their favorite foods on the weekend, you can start your week of healthy by opting to go meatless on Mondays. Now that you have decided to go meatless it begs the question of whether you can make some tasty vegetarian meals?
Easy, Healthy Vegetarian Meal Ideas
You can easily prepare healthy vegetarian meals, and you can probably adjust a lot of your favorite recipes and just skip the met. Here are some suggestions for making Mondays meatless.
- Make potatoes or sweet potatoes your main course, that doesn’t mean deep fry them! They are filling, good for you and pair them up with a salad and some other colorful vegetables.
- Use soy instead of meat in your favorite stir frys, pasta, beans or rice dishes. Soy makes an excellent meat substitute and it is very inexpensive, stretching the food dollars even further.
- Instead of putting chicken or beef in your stir fry, use sweet potatoes and put the whole thing over some steamed brown rice and it’s delicious
- Make rice and beans, add some spices a little bit of olive oil for flavor and no one will ever know
- Make pasta with veggies in the sauce for texture instead of ground beef.
- You can make veggie tacos or fajitas with beans, rice, sweet potato and onions as a filling. Not only is it spicy and delicious but it’s pretty filling too.
Here are some more meatless Monday meal ideas.
Not being ready to give meat entirely is perfectly okay, but even one day a week can do the environment and your health a world of good.